The CBD Alliance has produced a set of briefings for the upcoming meetings, SBSTTA 16 and WGRI 4, to be held in Montreal apr-may 2012.
These briefings were developed by representatives of civil society facilitated by the CBD Alliance. It should not be understood as representing the position of the CBD Alliance nor civil Society in general. Rather it is meant to provide background and current information, as well as some viewpoints on key issues for SBSTTA 16 and WGRI 4. The views represented in this paper are those it’s contributors.
For individual briefings click on the links below
- Global Biodiversity Outlook (Agenda item 4)
- Marine and Coastal Biodiversity (Agenda item 6)
- Geoengineering and Climate Change (Agenda item 7)
- Synthetic Biology as an Emerging Issue (Agenda item 10)
- Biofuels and Biodiversity (Agenda item 11)
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-20 (Agenda item 3)
- Resource Mobilisation (implementation of the strategy) and Financial mechanism (review of GEF-5 and needs for GEF-6) (Agenda items 6 and 7)
CBD Alliance will hold daily strategy meetings at the SBSTTA and WGRI. For more information contact email@example.com